New for 2017! Attendees can register to attend Foundation Roasting as part of the new SCA Coffee Skills Program on day one of Roaster Camp (additional charges apply).
The range of workshops on offer to camp attendees included roasting, green coffee, and sensory, all taking inspiration from the SCA Coffee Skills Program. Afternoon seminars and round-table discussions on a broad range of topics related to roasting gave delegates the opportunity to debate and share their practices, encouraging development and strengthening the network at camp. Have a look at the program (click on the picture) to get an idea of what's on offer.
We will also have lots of opportunities to cup and evaluate coffees, with sessions by our green bean partners, as well as trainers.
Adding to the fun and chance to demonstrate your skills will be the team roasting and sensory challenges. The final assessment and winners presentation to close day three will send delegates home on a high.
Networking & Career Opportunities
Attendees to camp will come from a broad geographical area which offers a platform to connect with new peers and form stronger connections across Europe. Delegates will have a fantastic opportunity to take advantage of the knowledge and experience of the trainers and the Roaster Guild of Europe working group, as well as from expert coffee professionals speaking at camp.
Hands on experience
A network of partners will support camp enabling us to provide delegates with the best equipment to learn and practice on including roasting and brewing equipment.
Why attend Roaster Camp?
- a diverse and high-quality educational program of hands-on workshops
- chance to meet and network with peers from all over Europe
- opportunity to try and test leading equipment
- be inspired by experienced speakers and trainers
- improve your skills with the support of experienced roasters
- cup fresh coffees on offer from coffee importers
Registration is available via the button below. Tickets include your selection of workshops, all lectures and social activities, all meals throughout the event, and an optional 3 nights of accommodation at the venue.
Pricing is as follows:
- double room: €880 or €780 for Roaster Guild of Europe members
- single room: €960 or €860 for Roaster Guild of Europe members
- no accommodation: €760 or €660 for Roaster Guild of Europe members
Hotel Remes is located in Opalencia, about 30km from Poznan, 160km from Wroclaw and 250km from Berlin. Depending on your location, Wroclaw or Berlin could offer a better connection or cheaper flights for you.
We will offer a shuttle service from Poznan airport, the shuttle will be €10 per person one-way, and tickets need to be booked in advance here. Please note that shuttle spaces cannot be guaranteed for tickets bought after September 15th.
If you arrive outside of these shuttle times, there is the option of a bus into Poznan and a train out to Opalencia or alternatively a taxi from Poznan Airport to Hotel Remes will cost approx. €25.
If you arrive before 4th October, or depart later than the 7th, you can stay extra nights at Hotel Remes in Opalencia (booked in advance here), or it is an excellent opportunity to explore Poznan or further afield!
Here are some good value recommendations for accommodation in Poznan:
- Puro Hotel - http://purohotel.pl/pl/poznan – 4* hotel with great location, next to Old Market Square
- Palazzo Rosso - http://www.hotelpalazzorosso.pl/ – 3* also located right next to Old Market Square
- Hotel Andersia - http://www.andersiahotel.pl/ – 4* hotel, a bit more expensive, but with very good location right next to Stary Browar, a shopping and culture center with discos, restaurants, shops, etc - http://www.starybrowar5050.com/en/
- Hotel HP Park - http://poznan.hotelepark.pl/en/ – 3* hotel located right next to a Lake Malta – an artificial lake in Poznan. Great views, close to city center and shopping center Malta http://galeriamalta.pl/en